Call for abstracts is now open
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the Difficult Airway Society 2023 Annual Scientific Meeting, which will be held in Birmingham, United Kingdom from 31 October – 2 November 2021.
You do not need to register for the meeting prior to submitting an abstract, however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 15 September 2021 to confirm your acceptance. If you wish to avail of the early bird deadline, you must register by 15 September 2021. Following this date, the normal registration fees will apply.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the themes.
Education & Training
Basic & Clinical Science
Service development/Quality Improvement
(Including Human Factors)
The abstract submission process for DAS 2023 will be through an online submission portal.
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the meeting. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account.
Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact DAS2021@conferencepartners.com.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
Previously Presented or Submitted Abstracts
Abstracts that have been previously published or presented at a National/International Conference will not be considered for presentation and authors will be asked to give consent that the abstract has not previously been published or presented when submitting the abstract. However, abstracts that have appeared in conference booklets or have been presented at regional conferences are welcome. Please email DAS2021@conferencepartners.com if you are unsure about submitting previously presented work.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the meeting as one of the following categories:
Oral presentations will be 7 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions and answers.
Poster Presentations will be 3 minutes long with 2 minutes for questions and answers.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the meeting.
Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A1 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for DAS 2021.
Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the DAS 2021 abstract submission system and registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the View/Edit Abstracts page.
Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact DAS2021@conferencepartners.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster, Poster)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 420, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations and References
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
- Publication of Abstract
- Data Consent
- Consent from Co-Authors
- Abstract Previously Presented
- Professional Grade Level of Presenting Author
- Innovation Prize
Download the instructions shown below to create the abstract as a word document and then save as a word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload.
- Consent must have been sought for case reports.
- Caldicott Guardian approval must be obtained where patient identifiable data is involved.
- Evaluations must be discussed and agreed by the Scientific Officer of the local regional ethics service if formal ethical approval is deemed not to be required. Ethical considerations and arrangements should be discussed in the methods section of the abstract.
(Please see the relevant paragraphs on the BJA Instructions to Authors web page https://academic.oup.com/bja/pages/Instructions_To_Authors for further details).
Click on the the Instructions button here to download the submission instructions
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the DAS 2023 Programme Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on 30 August 2021.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the meeting and paying in full by 15 September 2021.
If a presenter fails to register by 15 September 2021
- Abstract will be removed from the programme
- Abstract will be removed from all DAS 2021 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by 15 September 2021 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact DAS2021@conferencepartners.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines on the DAS 2021 website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for DAS 2021.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the meeting between 31 October – 2 November 2021.
- The Presenting Author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the acceptance email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the DAS 2021 website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular Presentation Type may be changed to a different Type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the meeting.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the DAS 2021 Programme Team at DAS2021@conferencepartners.com
June 1st 2023
Abstract Submission Open
May 15th 2023
Abstract Submission Closes
September 7th 2023
October 3rd 2023
Notification to Authors
October 24th 2023
End of Early Registration
August 31st 2023